23 - 25 April
Learning expition in Pittsburgh - 23 to 25 April 2018
From April 23 to 25, 2018, La Fabrique de la Cité organizes an urban expedition to explore Pittsburgh. A former industrial city hit by the steel crisis since the 1970s, Pittsburgh is a successful urban transition model. The "Steel City" has reinvented itself as a major attractive pole of the North-East of the United States, around a remarkable urban project mobilizing various actors of the political, entrepreneurial and associative ecosystem of the city.
The cooperation between the fields of innovation, robotics, digital, but also, historically, with the world of research and artificial intelligence, allowed Pittsburgh to shape a prosperous future and to reinvent the bases of its attractiveness.
In the wake of its International Seminars, its work on urban regeneration financing and affordable housing, La Fabrique de la Cité will explore Pittsburgh over three days to meet the stakeholders of this renaissance and to discover emblematic places of this urban regeneration.
23 April 2018:
- Welcoming reception by William Peduto, Mayor of Pittsburgh and Cécile Maisonneuve, President ofLa Fabrique de la Cité
24 April 2018 :
- Pittsburgh, a competitive city: the role of public-private partnerships in Pittsburgh's resurgence and attractiveness
- Pittsburgh, pool of local resources?
- Tour of the Energy Innovation Center
- Field visits: the different faces of Pittsburgh’s renewal
- The Rivers of steel and the former Carrie Blast Furnace steel mill’s field visit
- Board transportation. Field visit Eye & Ear Foundation
- Google's Pittsburgh Office tour
25 April 2018 :
- What affordable housing strategies for an inclusive city?
- Pittsburgh's resilience: social and infrastructure issues
- Nationality rooms’ visit at the Pittsburgh University